A Dark Faerie Tale for Modern Audiences
OF FAE & FIENDS is a Faerie Tale with teeth – a place where monsters sometimes eat children, but the courageous can fight back. This lavishly produced modern faerie tale features 30+ actors, cinematic sound design, and an original orchestral score. Appropriate for kids 7+, and those who still hold a child within.
Behind the Scenes
This show was created using a signature “Field-Studio Hybrid” style developed by Fred Greenhalgh and William Dufris (originally used in Season 2 of The Dark Tome).
All scenes recorded in the “Real world” were recorded on-location at The Dear Old Farm in Berwick, Maine. All scenes in Fae were recorded in Mind’s Eye Productions studios in South Portland, Maine.
All of FAE & FIENDS is available for binge-listening NOW on Stitcher Premium! Go to StitcherPremium.com/Fiend and use promo code FIEND for a free month’s trial… plenty of time to binge-listen to this dark faerie tale!
About the Creator: Fred Greenhalgh
Fred Greenhalgh (writer/director/producer) grew up in Downeast Maine, where the eerie landscape and early exposure to spooky books informed his lifelong desire to use fantastic tales to explore real issues. Today he uses techniques he learned from film school in the creation of audio stories so as to create immersive “movies for your mind” such as OF FAE & FIENDS.
Cast and Crew
- Writer/Director/Producer – Fred Greenhalgh
- Executive Producer – William Dufris
- Associate Producer – Casey Turner
- Script Consultant – Kathleen Howard
- Sensitivity Consultant – Elena Fernandez Collins
- Marie Lane – Lizzie
- Shannon Campbell – The Storyteller
- Dustin Tucker – Kyle the Goat
- Ella Mock – Garrett the Weasel
- Casey Turner – Cherie (Mom)
- Kym Dakin – Grandma Norah
- Michael Dix Thomas – Grandpa Jack
- Peter Berkrot – Uncle Carlow
- Karen Lundh – Aunt Debbie
- Michael Dow – Medic 1
- Christine Marshall – Medic 2, Garrett’s Mum, and Fae Althea
- Chloe Koloski – Young Cherie
- Lisa Boucher-Hartman – Ghoul Tree, Cockatrice, and Water Elemental
- Colby Elliot – Widdershins the Troll and Cecil the Gnome
- Dalton S Kimball – Worg 1 and Goblin Soldier 1
- Gary Hauger – Worg 2 and Goblin Soldier 2
- Greggory Hauger – Young Carlow and add’tl Goblins
- Katie Gall – Wyvern Song
- Maya Williams – Wind Elemental
- Burke Brimmer – Doctor Bronson
- Kerry Ann Loomis – Nurse Carly
- Mariah Bergeron – the Fae Queen
- Jessica Rainville – Fae Cassandra
- Chantal King – Fae Lieutenant
- William Dufris as Giant, Goblin Supplicant, and Goblin Elder
- Dylan Chestnutt – Goblin Kid
- Rachel Flehinger – the Brainworm
- James Herrera as Goblin Wizard
- Tony Reilly – Goblin Warrior
- Ozma Casten – Glendora
- Additional Voices by the Cast
Recorded by Fred Greenhalgh on location at The Dear Old Farm in Berwick, Maine, and at Mind’s Eye Productions in South Portland, Maine (traditional territory of the Wabanaki Confederacy)
Assistant Director – Casey Turner
Production Assistant- Jessica Rainville
Dialogue editing by Grace Waldron. Sound Design by Rory O’Shea. Theme by Peter Van Riet, original score by Frank Schulmeyer.
Original cover art: Bethany Greenhalgh
Original Episode Art: Simon Adams.
Special thanks to the Kasten Family, and to Nyana Greenhalgh, who listened to countless early versions of this work and made it better by constantly asking questions.
OF FAE & FIENDS is a Dagaz Media Production